5 Classes to Try to Build Strength, Flexibility and Endurance
November 13, 2017
If you’ve been a member at Generate for a while, chances are, you’ve already found a workout you love. We all have certain classes we wouldn’t miss for anything, and developing a routine is a great way to stay motivated and accountable week after week.
That said, we’re always encouraging our members to try new things, experiment and stay flexible (figuratively and literally!). Here are five classes you should mix into your workout routine at least once so you can stay adaptable and keep your body guessing:
1. Barre. If you’ve never tried barre before, you’ll love the way it blends strength training, cardio and stretching for a complete, full-body workout. Try Beatrix’s class Tuesdays at 9:30am or Fridays at 9:15am, Elyse’s class Monday at 10:30am or Joanna’s class Thursdays at 7pm.
2. Pilates Reformer. Through a series of lengthening and toning moves on reformer machines, you’ll develop long, lean muscles, increased flexibility and improved posture. At Generate, our special five-person classes offer an intimate, personalized experience so you can really focus on form. Try Adrienne’s class Saturdays at 10:30am or Georgina’s class Tuesdays at 9:30, Wednesdays at 10:30, or Thursdays at 10:30.
3. Sweat and Stretch. The perfect blend of intense cardio and relaxing stretches, Sweat and Stretch with Beatrix Fridays at 10:30am is a great way to get those endorphins flowing before the weekend.
4. Tai Chi. Also known as meditation in motion, Tai Chi is an excellent way to improve your posture, decrease stress and achieve better balance. Try Jonathan’s class Saturdays at 9:15am to learn more about this ancient martial art.
5. TRX. Tone your entire body and build strength using our TRX suspension system! This one-of-a-kind workout will help you build muscle in your arms, shoulders, core and legs through a series of curls, rows, planks and more. Try Magz’s class Tuesdays and Thursdays at 12:30 or the Spin/TRX combo classs with Megan Tuesdays at 6:35pm.
What’s your favourite class at Generate? We’d love to hear from you!